So I made the changes and informed my sister’s friend that I will be going there and have 2 nights stay at their crib. Luckily I’m kinda close with all my sister’s friends and that saved me a lot on accommodation! *and they are scattered all over the places, you name it!!* Anyway, to continue from previous post…
On Saturday, we continued our journey to London via train and we went straight to Heathrow Airport to manage our flights back to KL.
Few facts that you have to know about our beloved MALAYSIAN HOSPITALITY airlines:
- When we knew about the cancellation of our flights, we were not informed or booked for the next available flight automatically.
- We have to call MAS reservation line to book for our flights again.
- We were advised to call the country office (London) to get it sorted out but it was to no avail.
- The London office was CLOSED on weekends, regardless of the emergency situation that we were facing at that time!
- We then went to Heathrow with the hope that we can communicate directly with MAS Staff at the airport. Guess what? There was NO MAS staff stationed at the airport from Saturday until Tuesday! *not sure of Friday coz we were not there but I think they didn’t have any support staff there on Friday either*
- We met the Heathrow staff who was taking care of the MAS counter. He obviously could not do anything except giving out numbers for us to call.
- We had to call KLIA office and were put on the line for more than 30 minutes. I started to queue at no 27, and took almost an hour to get to number 6 before the line dropped!
- I called them again and started back at no 26!! Bongok la kan!
- When I managed to talk to the MAS staff @ KLIA office, I was told not to call the London office since all reservations were done in KLIA office. So okay, I managed to confirm our seats on the next available flight, which was scheduled on Wednesday. Note: my phone bill at the moment has exceeded RM1000 ya!! sheeeshhh
- On Monday, we received an SMS from MAS informing that our flight to KL on Wednesday has been canceled. And then, we all went back to square one again to get another seat for the next available flight. For us traveling in business class, the next available seat they can offer was the following Monday! Holy smoke! Apa nak buat di London lama2?
- So on Wednesday we went to the MAS counter at Heathrow again, that is when the NATS agreed to lift the restriction to fly through European airspace.
- As expected, the airport was swamped with stranded travelers, queuing as long as it takes to get out of UK, including us. We queued for more than 2 hours before we can speak to the Heathrow staff. Heathrow staff! Not MAS staff!!
- The Heathrow staff briefed us that she can only take our reservation number and contact details and she will pass it to the London office for the flight arrangement. AND she also informed us that the KLIA office number is NOT usable and we SHOULD HAVE contacted the London office instead! WTF?
- I could see my boss lost his patience at that point of time. We were told to call this and that number but none was usable and helpful. It was very disappointing at that time to see our own airlines failed to handle such chaos.
- After being forced by the crowd, or shall I rephrase… After being scolded by the tired stranded travelers, the MAS staffs finally showed up! Together with its Country Manager, who looked totally blur and acted like nothing massive is happening!! And it’s a mat salleh btw.. what a waste of money to have that kind of person sitting for that position!
- Anyway, we managed to secure our seats back to KL on Wednesday night itself, though it was only the economy seat. My big boss however was luckier to get a seat in the business class on Thursday flight, all thanks to his Gold Club member or whatever the name is.
- The 11 hours journey on economy was really a painful one! I always have back problem and sitting there for hours nearly killed me! *ok saya over!* But my big boss told me there were empty seats on business during his flight!! BODOH PUNYA MAS!!!!!!!! *ha kali ni betul2 marah..selama2 kena queue apa tu berjaya sabar lagi.. cisssssssssssssssss*
Okay.. enough on rants. Let’s move on to the happiest part of all! My main mission going to London was just one.. SHOPPING!! Though it was NEVER in my plan to go to London, *let alone shopping!!*, but considering the fact that it’s kinda like one of the lifetime opportunity for me to have a PAID vacation, I spent like there’s no good malls in Malaysia!! Seriously I did not even bother to go for city tour in London! I don’t bloody care about London Bridge, or London Eye and heck, I don’t even know about Big Ben! Haha. Yeah, I hate history and geography. Period. ;p
So on Saturday my sister’s friend fetched me at the Paddington Station *oh yeah, Paddington Bears tuh mmg datang dari Paddington tuh rupanya!*. We went to the Westfield Mall for cuci mata session. Ala2 kick-start gitu kan~ and headed back to Kak Ina’s crib. The next day Kak Ina and hubby decided to bring me to the Clarks Outlet where I bought 4 pairs of shoes!! *hampir pengsan test kasut ya.. serious rambang mata!!* They then took me to the Oxford Street for the ULTIMATE shopping spree! Oh my, I almost lost my sense of logic especially when she took me to Primark. The clothes were so damn cheap BUT with good quality. I bought few pairs of dresses, mainly for work purposes. The highest amount that I paid was just 15 pound. *RM75 for a dress???? NO WAY JOSE!* see, I’m kinda screaming here! Hahaha
Anyway, the rest of the day was mainly filled with shopping. Football merchandises are crazily cheap there. Bought few Man Utd official merchandises for my darlings, cosmetics and fragrances. Oh not to forget, my brand new PINK handbag too! Haha. Since I was stranded for a couple of days more in London, I decided to have a city tour! FINALLY! Luckily I have another friend who is residing in London and she was available on Tuesday to take me out. We walked more than 10km around Central London and I got to see different side of London *other than shopping that is!* Cantik~~
All in all, I am COMPLETELY satisfied and more than happy to be stranded in London. Despite having emotional sickness during the first few days, I can conclude that it was all worth it. The experience, the knowledge, the stuffs that I bought.. and I got to meet my long lost friend too. I’m still thankful to be given this opportunity together with good health. I had nose bled throughout my 10 days stay in UK but it was nothing serious. The weather was just a bit too chilly for me.
Thanks for all the prayers during my stranded days in UK. It was not really a good moment at the beginning but to get back to my home, safe and sound is just the perfect ending for this chapter of my life. I’m happy and blessed to be given the opportunity to visit another beautiful countries. A total blessings in disguise… Mari pergi London lagi ye~~!!